Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Poem Online: Self Challenge

I know it's a little late but I wanted to let you know that I uploaded a new "poem" on Fictionpress a week ago. Rather than one new poem, it's a challenge I made for myself where I will (hopefully) write fifty poems, uploading each as a new chapter. It was inspired by another challenge that was in the "Just In" box of Fictionpress, which I found interesting and cool. So, I decided to work on my own and this was the result: Self Challenge, which currently has five poems online.

The first poem, Shackles, is an obvious one. I was writing it shortly before I had to leave for work and I began to feel like I hadn't really done enough with my free time. So, I decided to use those feelings as inspiration for my first poem of the challenge.

The second, Broken Silverware, is not as obvious. That one's about people who are supposed to help you with something (forced or otherwise) but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, they're useless and you end up doing everything by yourself.

The third poem, Dawn into Day, is about change and leaving behind the things you're comfortable and used to behind for a better future. Just like when the dawn changes into day, you notice everything is more vibrant and you start to enjoy yourself more.

The fourth, Tides of Forever, is a love poem dedicated to my fiancee Stephanie. My love for her started off small like a puddle, then expanded into this never ending sea I feel today.

The fifth (and most current), Fifteen Minutes, is about waiting on the clock. Why it takes so long when you're waiting for a certain time, yet it'll fly by when you're not paying attention.

If you're interested, you can find it at http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2804274/1/Self_Challenge.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment