Saturday, May 22, 2010

A random FFXIII thought

So me and my fiancee have been playing through the newest edition of the oxymoronic rpgs, Final Fantasy XIII. It's actually a blast, despite what reviewers give it. Though a few things stand out that bother me:

-Are Square Enix getting that lazy that they're naming characters Lightning and Snow? Seriously? Was it a rainy day outside that particular day they came up with character names? Also, Hope? Sure, at least that's normal but it seems like they're naming people out of the blue.

-Vanille annoys me. I mean, c'mon, everyone's depressed: Lightning about her sister, Snow for the same reason, Sahz cause of the civilian massacre, Hope for his mom yet Vanille comes around the corner, giddy as ever "c'mon Hope you can do it!". It seems quite weird that in such a depressing atmosphere, Vanille has such a happy outlook on things.

-Sure, the maps are straightforward and narrow but isn't everyone forgetting about FFX's narrow pathways?

-It seems like the characters are rehashes from previous FFs. Lightning seems like a female Cloud, Snow reminds me of a calm Seifer, Vanille reminds me of Selphie, Hope reminds me of Tidus, etc.

Overall it's a fun game, though certain things are kind of confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment