Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dream Girl

Back around the time I had started Super Vice President Village Monster, I had a dream about getting a girlfriend and the incredible ecstacy of knowing there would be someone there who cares, although it soon faded when I realized it was a dream. I now believe that it was almost a prophecy to my current relationship, using dream metaphors to show me my future life with my fianceƩ. I can no longer remember the dream, but I still remember the feeling I got from it: the one I feel every day now when I'm with my fianceƩ. Dream Girl was a poem written about that dream.

This work was the first work I published that was reviewed and favorited. People seemed to enjoy the romantic undertones.

The great truth I realized, mentioned in the author's notes, was later revealed in the poem "Loneliness" because this dream made me realize how incredibly lonely I was.

To read it, check out http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2498302/1/Dream_Girl.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment