Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Super Vice President Village Monster! Special Edition Chapter 5

Chapter five was the first chapter where I stopped and truly thought about where I wanted the story to start heading. It introduces us to Jenny, a friend of mine who, like Mike, read the story and asked to be a part of it. I tried to make Jenny the voice of reason as well as the sane character of the series. Hey, there's usually a crazy character in a series of sane characters, so you can consider Jenny to be the sane person in a series of crazy characters I suppose. Although I never really meant it to in the beginning, she also starts the movement against the Angry Ninja Lawyers. Originally I only meant for her errand to be another one of the crazy elements of the story, maybe even introduce another character later on.

We also learn in this chapter that Ninja Tupac Frog's real name is Hass Avocado. This was a request of Mike's, who wanted it to be his name in the story. I made it his real name, preferring his former name, since he requested it after chapter four.

This chapter also took the longest to publish, eleven months after chapter four. This was mostly due in part to writers block, as I felt that the series was going nowhere and had no idea where to take it. I had written the first half up to the revelation of Ninja Tupac Frog's true name around when chapter four had been published, but couldn't figure out how I wanted to progress the chapter. I stopped and thought up some ideas (none of which I liked), then eventually the story slipped out of mind and was forgotten. However, the story came back to mind sometime in April of 2009. I reread what I had wrote and began to think of ideas again. This time, I actually came up with the current ending and around mid May, typed it out and published it online.

If you're interested in reading it, check out http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2483440/5/Super_Vice_President_Village_Monster.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment