Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Super Vice President Village Monster! Special Edition Chapter 8

Chapter eight was the first chapter since chapter two that I wrote in its entirety and published on the same day, which is also true for the rest of the series from this point on. This chapter follows Richie and Jim as they take out Elena, the green Angry Ninja Lawyer.

The idea that Jenny was one of the Angry Ninja Lawyers came while I was debating over the future of the story. After reading chapter five over, I began to ponder why she would need maple syrup. Then, the idea that she was one of the ninja lawyers and that it could be a trap came to mind. There were more pressing issues at the time, but when I came back to write chapter eight, the idea returned and I made it part of the story. Her "plan" was more fleshed out and maple syrup became Ninja Tupac Frog's weakness. I felt that it added a new way to shock readers, rather than the usual crazy antics of the two. It also added very well to the storyline, I felt.

Her death is obviously a reference to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The idea came due to weeks of playing Zelda with my fianceƩ prior to writing this chapter. Also, I figured that Mary reading the story online and giving the information to the two heroes would not only explain his usual behind the times info, but add a humorous fourth-wall-breaking segment to the story.

If you're interested, check out http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2483440/8/Super_Vice_President_Village_Monster.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment