Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Parental Units

My true first piece of published work was a poem entitled "Parental Units". I'm not exactly proud of this one though, it was simply a poem I hastily wrote after government class and decided to stick on Fictionpress, since I had been a fan of both it and the sister site Fanfiction.net for some time and wanted to post something online. It's supposed to be a metaphorical crack at the faults of the government, comparing them to parents, although it's blatantly obvious what it's about, especially given the ending line.

Although it was my first work published, I tend to ignore that, as everyone else has ignored the poem for almost 6 years now. I'd rather credit that to Super Vice President Village Monster! Special Edition, which I am actually pretty proud of. This one I enjoy, though more for nostalgia than anything else.

To read it, head to http://www.fictionpress.com/s/1598857/1/Parental_Units.

Thakns for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment